For more information on arthritis basics, research and scientific publications, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention arthritis website.
The NACDD Arthritis Council provides a forum for CDC-funded state arthritis programs, national organizations, and other partners to come together for peer-to-peer sharing and learning in an effort to increase state capacity to advance arthritis public health efforts. Any NACDD member or Associate Member is eligible to join the Arthritis Council.
The Arthritis Council provides feedback and guidance on training and technical assistance opportunities facilitated by NACDD.
- The Arthritis Council monthly calls occur on the first Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. ET.
- Many of the Arthritis Council monthly calls include subject matter experts, program sharing, and networking.
- The Arthritis Council oversees the formation of topic specific workgroups to provide opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and sharing.
- The Arthritis Council also provides guidance on planning National Grantee Meetings
The Purpose of the Council is to —
- Represent state arthritis programs and related issues and concerns within the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD).
- Provide a national forum to link state/territorial/tribal program directors/coordinators, and others to act collectively in the promotion of Arthritis health.
- Provide a venue for participants to exchange ideas, strategies, materials, and policies and procedures to improve and enhance comprehensive public health programs/policies for Arthritis diseases and their risk factors.
- Advocate for legislation, policies, and programs to reduce the burden of Arthritis diseases and their risk factors.
- Provide comments and recommendations to federal agencies and the membership on issues for which comment has been solicited or for which the Council feels comments are required.
- Provide leadership and develop partnerships with affiliates, private and public associations, and industry to catalyze promotion of Arthritis health.
The council is governed by a Steering Committee that includes the Chair and other at-large members
2021 - 2022 Steering Committee Members
- Amy Ellings – Washington State Department of Health
At Large Members:
- Adam Burch – New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- Amy Michael – Minnesota Department of Health
- Jennifer Raymond – AgeSpan
- Katie Potestio –New York State Department of Health
- Tara Weston – Oregon Health Authority