Physical Activity: Home-based Exercise Interventions for Adults Aged 65 and older
The Community Guide released a recommendation that supports physical activity among older adults via Home-based Exercise Interventions. Home-based Exercise interventions may do the following:
1. Use physiotherapists, physical therapists, peer mentors, nurses, or trained intervention providers for training and supervision
2. Provide training face-to-face or through educational materials or digital formats (e.g., video programs)
3. Conduct monitoring and feedback using participant diaries, exercise logs, or telephone calls
4. Include exercises to improve flexibility
5. Encourage participants to also engage in aerobic activities such as walking
This recommendation aligns with several of the remotely delivered AAEBIs.